Monday, September 20, 2010

Fame can drive you crazy

Winona Ryder

Winona Ryder has reportedly revealed that she believes that fame can "drive a person crazy".

The actress admitted that it can all get too much when you read criticism about yourself.

Ryder told The Mirror: "To be looked at and judged, you read something about yourself and you think, 'OK, that's who I am, that's how I should be', it gets very confusing.

"[It] can drive a person crazy, it can!"

Ryder, who plays a ballerina in the new film Black Swan alongside Natalie Portman, added that she had never done ballet before embarking on the role.

She explained: "I haven't had any experience. I've been to the ballet, I saw The Nut Cracker when I was small but that's it!

"We did a photoshoot before I started filming to be on posters when Natalie walks by and even that was so hard to keep those positions."

The star also insisted that she doesn't feel the same ambition as actors who have started their career late in life.

Ryder commented: "I've been asked about ambition before and I don't feel that ambitious because I started so young and it was very fun.

"Both Natalie and I started so young and we didn't really have to go and pound the pavement that much, we don't have that innate ambition of people that start later in their careers." (taheena)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine